The NBA Foundation is now accepting grant applications for 2023 on a rolling basis. If you feel your organization aligns with the mission of the NBA Foundation, please apply via the steps outlined below. Applications will be reviewed within 12-14 weeks of submission and only applications from organizations serving Black youth within NBA markets will be considered.
In order to be considered for a grant from the NBA Foundation, your organization must meet the following requirements:
- Qualify as a registered 501(c)3 tax organization or a T3010 if operating in Canada
- Have a current IRS Form 990 from the most fiscal year
- Focus on promoting school-to-career employment opportunities that target Black youth ages 14-24 years old
- Serve a minimum of 25 youth annually across your programs
In general, and except in specific circumstances, the NBA Foundation does not fund:
- Projects or programs primarily focused on serving adults over the age of 25
- Projects or programing that fall outside the scope of youth employment and school-to-career opportunities
- Organization outside of the 28 markets. Full list of NBA markets can be found here
- Direction donations or grants to individuals, including universities and research labs
- Individual scholarships or sponsorships, including one-time events such as galas, competitions, conferences, and career fairs
- Political campaigns and lobbying efforts
- School-run after school Pre-K programs
If your organization is interested in applying for a grant from the NBA Foundation, please take the following steps:
- Create an account on the grant application portal, FLUXX, using the link below
- Once your organization is registered, you will receive a confirmation email with credentials for login. We recommend you click this link within 48 hours as it will expire.
- Complete the grant application within the portal and provide a Form 990, current fiscal year organizational budget, project budget, and board list with your application
Once you submit your application, you will receive a confirmation email. The NBA Foundation will be touch with competitive organizations with additional questions and updates to the application.
Upcoming Grant Application Webinars
Registration Link (please click the registration link and then select your preferred date from the dropdown)
2024 Webinar Dates
- Feb. 29, 2024 @ 1pm ET
- Apr. 18, 2024 @ 2pm ET
- Jun. 20, 2024 @ 2pm ET
- Aug. 15, 2024 @ 2pm ET
- Oct. 17, 2024 @ 2pm ET
- Dec. 19, 2024 @ 2pm ET
If you are a prospective applicant and would like additional guidance on submitting a proposal, please join our webinar where a member of our team will walk through the application. In order to successfully register, please ensure you are logged into your Zoom account.
If you are already a grantee partner, please contact your grant lead.
Please note: Our strong preference is to conduct a complete review of applications before setting up a preliminary call. For technical assistance or inquiries not answered on this page, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or see FAQs for further guidance.
Thank you for your interest in the work of the NBA Foundation.