The NBA Foundation is now accepting grant applications for 2022 on a rolling basis. If you feel your organization aligns with the mission of the NBA Foundation, please apply via the steps outlined below. Applications will be reviewed within a few weeks of submission and priority will be given to organizations operating in NBA markets.
In order to be considered for a grant from the NBA Foundation, your organization must meet the following requirements:
- Qualify as a registered 501(c)3 tax organization or a T3010 if operating in Canada
- Focus on promoting school-to-career employment opportunities that target Black youth ages 14-24 years old
- Serve a minimum of 25 youth annually across your programs
In general, and except in specific circumstances, the NBA Foundation does not fund:
- Direction donations or grants to individuals
- Individual scholarships or sponsorships
- Projects or programs primarily focused on serving adults over the age of 25
- Political campaigns and lobbying efforts
- After school or Pre-K programs
If your organization is interested in applying for a grant from the NBA Foundation, please take the following steps:
- Create an account on the grant application portal using the link below
- Once your organization is registered, you will receive a confirmation email with credentials for login
- Complete the grant application within the portal and provide a 990 form and current fiscal year organizational budget with your application
Once you submit your application, you will receive a confirmation email and the NBA Foundation will be in touch with any updates to your application.
Upcoming Grant Application Webinars
- September 27th at 3:00pm ET
- November 29th at 3:00pm ET
Thank you for your interest in the NBA Foundation. If you have any questions or need technical assistance, please reach out to email@example.com.