The NBA Foundation is now accepting grant applications for 2023 on a rolling basis. If you feel your organization aligns with the mission of the NBA Foundation, please apply via the steps outlined below. Applications will be reviewed within 12-14 weeks of submission and only applications from organizations serving Black youth within NBA markets will be considered.
In order to be considered for a grant from the NBA Foundation, your organization must meet the following requirements:
- Qualify as a registered 501(c)3 tax organization or a T3010 if operating in Canada
- Have a current IRS Form 990 from the most fiscal year
- Focus on promoting school-to-career employment opportunities that target Black youth ages 14-24 years old
- Serve a minimum of 25 youth annually across your programs
In general, and except in specific circumstances, the NBA Foundation does not fund:
- Projects or programs primarily focused on serving adults over the age of 25
- Projects or programing that fall outside the scope of youth employment and school-to-career opportunities
- Organization outside of the 28 markets. Full list of NBA markets can be found here
- Direction donations or grants to individuals, including universities and research labs
- Individual scholarships or sponsorships, including one-time events such as galas, competitions, conferences, and career fairs
- Political campaigns and lobbying efforts
- School-run after school Pre-K programs
If your organization is interested in applying for a grant from the NBA Foundation, please take the following steps:
- Create an account on the grant application portal, FLUXX, using the link below
- Once your organization is registered, you will receive a confirmation email with credentials for login. We recommend you click this link within 48 hours as it will expire.
- Complete the grant application within the portal and provide a Form 990, current fiscal year organizational budget, project budget, and board list with your application
Once you submit your application, you will receive a confirmation email. The NBA Foundation will be touch with competitive organizations with additional questions and updates to the application.
Upcoming Grant Application Webinars
- March 28th at 3:00pm ET
If you would like additional guidance on submitting a proposal, please join our webinar where a member of our team will walk through the application.
Please note: Our strong preference is to conduct a complete review of applications before setting up a preliminary call. For technical assistance or inquiries not answered on this page, please email email@example.com or see FAQs for further guidance.
Thank you for your interest in the work of the NBA Foundation.